For 12c TDE, as you have already known the new commands has been introduced for configuring TDE. The command “ADMINISTER KEY MANAGEMENT” has replaced “ALTER SYSTEM SET ENCRYPTION WALLET”.
In 12c, we call KEYSTORE instead of WALLET of previous versions.
- Configure sqlnet.ora file for software keystore
- Create a Directory for Software Keystore
- Create a Password-Based Software Keystore
- Open the Software Keystore
- Set the Software TDE Master Encryption Key
- Set up Auto-Login or Local Auto-Login Software Keystore
- Create an Encrypted Tablespace
- Create a Table with Encrypted Column
Configure sqlnet.ora File for Software Keystore
... .. . ENCRYPTION_WALLET_LOCATION= (SOURCE= (METHOD=FILE) (METHOD_DATA=(DIRECTORY=/var/opt/oracle/dbaas_acfs/TESTDB/tde_wallet))) ... .. .
Create a Directory for Software Keystore
$mkdir -p /var/opt/oracle/dbaas_acfs/TESTDB/tde_wallet
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.