This article will demonstrate step by step how to migrate on-premise Oracle database onto AWS RDS SQL Server, the issues encountered plus their solutions and workarounds during the migration.
The following environment and tools will be involved in this activity:
- Oracle Database 19c
- SQL Server 2019
- AWS RDS SQL Server 2019
- Oracle Client 19c
- AWS Database Migration Service ( DMS) or AWS S3
- SQL Server Management Studio ( SSMS )
- Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) for Oracle
There is no direct migration on-premise Oracle database onto AWS SQL Server RDS, so the the high level migration procedure will be:
- Migrate on-premise Oracle database by using SSMA to on-premise SQL Server database.
- Migrate on-premise SQL Server database onto AWS RDS SQL Server.
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.