DB1 is a local database, on which the materialized views are to be created.
DB2 is a remote database, on which materialized view logs are created .
The high level steps are:
- on local database DB1, create a database link between DB1 and DB2 database.
- On the remote database DB2, create materialized logs on the tables of DB2.
- On local database DB1, create materialized views with Fast Refresh option , etc.
- On Local database DB1, run a complete refresh on your materialized views: Exec dbms_snapshot.refresh(‘schema_name.mview_name’,’c’);
- Then on local database DB1 again , refresh the materialized view using the Fast Refresh option: